WE GO TO BATTLE TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM
Alcohol Crimes Attorney Henderson
Alcohol crimes are common throughout Henderson and North Carolina. It’s easy to break our state’s Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) laws, which are strict in an effort to reduce alcohol-related crimes such as disorderly conduct and underage drinking. There are many intricate laws regarding the purchase, possession, sale, and consumption of alcohol, as well as behaviors while intoxicated. If you find yourself facing charges for an alcohol-related offense, contact the Henderson alcohol crimes attorney at Scharff Law Firm.
Penalties for Alcohol Crimes in NC
A night on the town can turn into a nightmare if the police arrest you for an alcohol crime. Drinking and driving isn’t the only behavior that can lead to criminal charges in Henderson, North Carolina. You can face fines, jail time, and a mark on your permanent record for many kinds of alcohol-related crimes, including:
- Disorderly conduct. Being drunk and disorderly in Henderson can land you with up to 10 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $200. Prior convictions can lead to up to 20 days in jail.
- Resist, delay, and obstruct (RDO). RDO is a Class 2 misdemeanor under North Carolina law. Any drunken action or behavior that hinders a police officer’s duty may qualify as RDO. RDOs are punishable with up to 60 days in jail and fines.
- Underage drinking. A minor may not purchase, possess, or consume alcohol in North Carolina. This is a Class 1 misdemeanor, carrying up to 120 days of jail time.
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Any adult who contributes to the drunkenness or illegal behavior of a minor is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable with jail time up to 120 days.
- ABC crimes. NC’s ABC laws include hours of sale regulations, permitting requirements, and tips for checking IDs and preventing sales to intoxicated customers. Breaking the ABC laws can lead to suspending or revoking your business permit and fines of up to $1,000.
Even if an officer took your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level at the time of the incident, you may have a defense you can use to avoid or reduce penalties for alcohol crimes. With the right defense attorney, you can challenge the arresting officer’s observations or stories using eyewitness accounts that conflict with the officer’s statements. The court will throw out cases where the officer did not bring charges against you in time, or if the officer violated your constitutional rights during the arrest.
If the prosecution cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed your crime, you may get off with a reduced or no sentence. Always contact an attorney if you face alcohol crime charges. You need a professional to defend you in the Vance County criminal courts. A capable criminal attorney in Henderson, NC will give you the tools to stand up for your rights and earn a fair trial.
Hire a Skilled Alcohol Crimes Defense Attorney | Scharff Law Firm
It’s never wise to represent yourself in criminal cases. The courts may already be against you, despite the mandate of presuming innocence until proven guilty. It can be difficult to go up against law enforcement officials, especially if they have evidence of your drunkenness or alcohol crime. The team of alcohol crimes defense attorneys at Scharff Law Firm can walk you through the court process, give you details about your case, and explain your defense options. We’re by your side every step of the way, fighting to defend your rights and make the courts see your side of the story.
When you need earnest, dependable, and aggressive defense, come to Scharff Law Firm. Contact us for a free consultation.